Monday, December 15, 2008

My Visit to Newark

I have been thinking about my inquire project. I needed to start to gather information to do my research. I decided to go to Newark to take a look at what was in the area. I had several questions about how I was going to do my research and collect data on HIV. I had information on the types of programs that provided treatment to Aids patient in the community. I had researched how much federal money was given yearly through the Ryan White foundation. I went to the Newark website and I was still trying to make the connection of HIV and Adolescents in an urban community. I did not notice any healthcare services and it was not until I arrived at Shabazz HS that I saw my first hospital sign.
Once I started to do my walking tour in Newark, I decided that I wanted to change my topic and gather information that would help me to understand what my role would be as a teacher in Newark. Once I arrived home, I kept thinking about what I observed today and I wanted to get to know the community and then I can revisit my original topic of how does HIV affect Adolescents in an Urban Community?

No comments: