Thursday, October 23, 2008

What Did A College Experience Provided Me?


My college experience has provided me with the skills and tools that will allow me to make choices about my future. I have learned skills like planning, organizing, finance, policy and history. Being in college has allowed me to see demonstrations and examples of how skills work and how to implement strategies effectively. College is the place where you can experience learning and think about how to become effective in your job.


College was always something that I needed to achieve for myself. My parents received high school educations and college was not an option for them. They were limited in choices of jobs. They earned decent wages but as the economy changed, so did the there jobs. There were times that they found themselves without a job. My father never wanted to go to college, but my mother did, however she never had an opportunity to do so.

When I was trying to decide on what school I would attend, I received more support from my mother, then my father. I knew I had to go to school if I wanted to have a different experience in jobs then my parents.

Going to college allows me to help share and build on the knowledge with others who are also trying to achieve. As I learn to apply the knowledge, I have gained from my education in everyday life; I will be able to share with my students. I feel the gift of education will empower other to do there best to achieve goals and I am happy for the opportunity to become an education.

No comments: